Cold? Don't Wait! Call American Energy Advisors at 402-881-8345
Our on-call team is available when you need them! One of our qualified technicians will show up at your door, ready to serve you, day or night!
Our on-call technicians can service all types of heating equipment:
Common Furnace Issues
- The unit is getting power - tripped circuit breakers or blown fuses can indicate a larger issue
- The power switch is 'ON' - heating equipment is often installed in cramped spaces, and switches can accidentally be bumped
- There are no blocks to the intake and exhaust ports - newer furnaces are often wall vented and can get blocked by leaves and insects
- Your thermostat setting is on 'HEAT' and at a temperature high enough for the heating equipment to turn on
- Thermostat batteries are not low or dead - these screens usually have a flashing 'low battery' icon
- All filters are clean - clogged and dirty air filters can restrict airflow
- Check the pilot light - older gas furnaces have a standing pilot light and newer units have an electronic pilot, instructions on how to relight either should be on the furnace box itself
In a perfect world, this checklist helped you resolve your furnace problem and we've saved you an emergency service call. If you're still experiencing problems and are unsure what to do, we're here to help.
If you are facing a heating emergency in Omaha, Elkhorn, Gretna, Papillion, Bellevue and surrounding areas, call American Energy Advisors. We'll be there right away!